Digital marketing has earned huge traction because people turn to the internet to get quick access to a specialist from the comfort of their homes.
A survey found that over 75% of respondents said they love to speak to their specialists online.
That said; let’s outline some of the most effective strategies and best practices.
Plan for Local SEO
Search Engine Optimization and user experience go hand in hand. Implementing an efficient local SEO strategy will help scale a successful healthcare business.
SEO, a digital marketing strategy, boosts your visibility online. With the help of a professional SEO agency, you can target a specific location, boost user experience, brand visibility, and generate more traffic to your website.
Check out these statistics highlighting the importance of SEO for your healthcare service.
- 77% of people who look up online for health concerns use Google, Bings, and other top search engines.
- Over 70% of people who look up health-related searches online don’t go past the first page of the search engine
- 47% of online searchers look up for more information on a doctor or a medical center.
Consider pay per click advertising
PPC is an advertising service implemented by search engines, social media, and other platforms where you only have to pay when a lead clicks on your ad. An example is Google Ads that offers text and image ads.
PPC ads allow your healthcare service website to be visible on search engines and generate more traffic. You can monitor the progress of your PPC ads to know what’s working and what’s not.
These statistics show the importance of PPC advertising in the healthcare industry.
- Globally, the Healthcare industry spends an estimated $36B on advertising in 2020.
- Over 7 million healthcare services spent over $10.1 billion on PPC advertising.
- On average, healthcare providers get $3 back on every $1.60 ad spend on Google.
Social Media marketing
The healthcare sector utilizes social media to reach out to more people, including forthcoming patients. Social media marketing allows hospitals and healthcare practitioners to target their desired demographics.
With social media marketing, not only are you able to put your healthcare service out there, but also to enlighten people on certain health concerns, deliver tips on mental and physical health.
The following statistics show the importance of social media in the healthcare industry.
- 94.41% of healthcare centers in the US have a Facebook account, 50.82% have a Twitter account, 99.14% have yelp, 99.41% use Foursquare.
- 60% of social media users love health-related tips posted by professionals online
- 83% of social media users in the United States have looked up health-related information on social media.
- 91% of social media users confessed that the health information they looked up on social media has helped them make better decisions.
There’s no denying the truth that healthcare marketing is the new normal for a successful professional health service.
The significance of digital marketing in the healthcare sector cannot be underestimated.
Establishing an online presence is critical to the growth of your healthcare service as it allows you to reach out to a wider audience who hangs around in the digital world.