Toward the end of 2019, Google released a new video series titled “Search for Beginners” where they give anyone looking to build a new website or improve upon a current one, all of their recommendations in a series of videos. The levels of information range from beginner to advanced and these videos are a great way to learn tips and tricks for your website. One of the episodes in their series details a list of what Google believes are the top five things you should consider with your site. The fifth item on that list recommends hiring an SEO, or search engine optimizer.
What Is A Search Engine Optimizer?
A search engine optimizer, commonly referred to as an “SEO”, is someone that specializes in search engine optimization. This means that they know how to optimize your website in order to have it receive the best possible visibility on search engines. At SEO Smooth we specialize in helping our clients improve both the visibility and ranking of their websites. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in the best techniques to move your website up in search results.
How To Find A Good SEO
If you’re interested in hiring a search engine optimizer, it is important to know what to look for. The person you hire should be well-versed on how to improve your website’s search engine ranking, while also knowing what tactics Google and other search engines frown upon and will actually cause your ranking to suffer. SEO Smooth has helped so many clients improve their search visibility and establish a better ranking because we know what procedures to use and which to avoid. Our team offers SEO in the form of on-page SEO, off-page SEO, speed optimization, content, backlinks and so much more. Check out a list of all of our SEO services on our website.
The list of the top five things Google recommends you pay attention to with your website are as follows:
- Check if your site is indexed: perform a search for “site: your-website.com” to see if your site is indexed by Google
- Provide high-quality content: follow the advice in Google’s official webmaster guidelines and best practice documents
- Ensure the website is fast and accessible on all devices: visit g.co/mobilefriendly to test mobile-friendliness
- Ensure the website is safe for visitors: secure your website with an HTTPS connection
- Hire an SEO: hiring someone who is knowledgeable in creating enhanced visibility and increased search engine rankings
If you’re still looking for more resources and aren’t sure if you’re ready to hire an SEO then we urge you to review the article from the Search Engine Journal as well as watch Google’s video for yourself.